Dentistry with a Heart!
Meet Dr. Phelps
It’s becoming more and more important to
differentiate in order to grow your dental practice.
Christopher Phelps, DMD, CMCT works with professionals across the country in identifying their marketing hurdles and showing them how to succeed and grow in an otherwise tough, competitive economy.
An entrepreneur and Amazon bestselling author, Chris is also a general dentist practicing in Charlotte NC. In his first seven years of practice Chris grew his practice revenue by a factor of 10X: growing from one practice location to four. After selling two of those offices for profit, Chris focused on maximizing the capacity of his remaining two practices and enjoyed two consecutive years of $1,000,000 revenue growth in each of the two practices, effectively collecting with two offices what he had collected when he owned four.
The Call Tracker ROI program he developed played a major role: decreasing missed calls by 90% and increasing team conversions of new patient appointments over the telephone from 24% to over 86% which helped increase his new patient numbers from 60/month to averaging over 300/month; all the while decreasing his marketing expenses by 74%.
In 2016 he launched Golden Goose Scheduling to help practices answer and schedule more new patient calls so they didn’t have to pay more in marketing money to get them.
Chris writes frequently for industry publications such as Dental Economics, Dental Practice Management, Dental Products Report, Dentistry IQ ad Remin Media. He is the author of Grow Your Practice with Wine & Cheese and also published a CE article in Contemporary Esthetics Magazine.
Chris was awarded the Doctor’s Choice National Dental Award in 2016 (from 6,000 nominated dentists). Additionally, he was chosen for the 2016 Doctor’s Choice Top 100, due to a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
In addition to being a Kolbe Certified Trainer, a key opinion leader to several large dental companies, and understanding how to get new patients in the door, Dr. Phelps is also an expert in the Science of Influence and Ethical Persuasion. He has studied under the authority in this field, Dr. Robert Cialdini, and is the only dentist in the world to be named a Cialdini Method Certified Trainer (CMCT). Chris uses Cialdini’s Principles to ethically steer patients to more referrals, decreased no shows and higher case acceptance.
- Dental Student of the Year; Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine, May 2003
- NSU Health Professions Division Chancellor’s Award; Demonstrating the Characteristics of Scholarship, Leadership, Integrity, Humanity and Loyalty to the Profession
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, 2003
- Doctors Choice Award Winner, April 2016
- Top Docs Award, 2011-2016
- Introduction to Implant Dentistry, sponsored by Nobel Biocare (2006-2008)
- Engel Institute; Mentor, Level I Implant Training Course for GP’s (2008- 2013)
- Mentor for www.ddsmentoring.com (2013-Present)
- Implant Direct, Key Opinion Leader (2013-Present)
- Certified Kolbe Instructor (2012-Present)
- Cialdini Method Certified Trainer: CMCT (2014-Present)
- Faculty Member; London Orthodontic Academy
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Dental Implant Association
- Dental Organization for Oral Conscious Sedation
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Academy of Dental Management Consultants
- Speaking Consulting Network